Saturday, May 06, 2017

Well, this was Unexpected

Nine years ago I stopped updating this blog and redirected it to a self-hosted wordpress site, which has been offline for just about as long. Some of the more popular tutorials I eventually converted and put on a static site, where they still remain. My blogger account then slipped from memory completely...so imagine my surprise when I happened upon my account settings and saw all my old posts from 2006-2007. I merely had to remove the defunct site redirect and the old blog was back online. Why do this? Well, mainly for historical reasons, I find it interesting reading the commentary and following the (working) links to other old blogs about what was happening in the FOSS community back then. No doubt there are even a few still-useful tips buried in here somewhere, but I expect most will not be unless you maintain some very old Linux or Unix systems.

No comments: